Fundamentals of crystallography
- C. Giacovazzo ... [et al.] ; edited by C. Giacovazzo.
- 2nd ed.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Physical description
- xix, 825 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm. + 1 computer optical disc (4 3/4 in.)
- International Union of Crystallography texts on crystallography 7.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: 1 v.
Library has: Supplement: 1 CD-
|QD905.2 .F86 2002||Unknown|
- Giacovazzo, Carmelo.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Symmetry in crystals--
- 2. Crystallographic computing--
- 3. The diffraction of x-rays by crystals--
- 4. Beyond ideal crystals--
- 5. Experimental methods in x-ray and neutron crystallography--
- 6. Solution and refinement of crystal structures--
- 7. Mineral and inorganic crystal chemistry--
- 8. Molecules and molecular crystals--
- 9. Protein crystallography--
- 10. Physical properties of crystals: Phenomenology and modelling-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Crystallography and structure theory have recently received increasing interest due to their role in understanding biological structures, high-temperature superconductors, and effects on mineral properties related to changes in temperature and pressure. This book offers a comprehensive account of the wide range of crystallography in many branches of science. The fundamentals, the most frequently used procedures and experimental techniques are all described in a detailed way. A number of appendices are devoted to more specialist aspects. The book is an updated and fully revised new edition with emphasis on the wide range of topical applications and current areas of research. Ample illustrations help clarify the subject matter. To provide a better understanding of the basics of crystallography, a compact disk has been added to this new edition, offering the facilities of modern graphics to simulate experiments, show complex images, and provide a number of exercises.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- International Union of Crystallography texts on crystallography ; 7
- 0198509588 (pbk.)
- 9780198509585 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: