Between the muses and the masses : symphonic jazz, "glorified" entertainment, and the rise of the American musical middlebrow, 1920-1944
- John Louis Howland.
- Physical description
- xxxii, 656 p. : ill., music ; 28 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|3781 2002 H||In-library use|
- Howland, John Louis.
- Stanford University. Department of Music Ph. D. Thesis.
- Hinton, Stephen, primary advisor.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 643-656).
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Symphonic jazz, "glorified" entertainment, and the rise of the American musical middlebrow, 1920-1944
- Thesis (Ph. D.)--Department of Music, Stanford University, 2002.
- Stanford, copy 1-2: Copyright by the author.
Browse related items
Start at call number: