[Reflections on the Spanish flu pandemic after 80 years : causes, course & consequences].
- Physical description
- 2 v. (various pagings) : ill., maps ; 21 x 30 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
-  "You can't do anything for influenza": doctors, nurses and the influenza epidemic in the USA / Nancy K. Bristow
- The Spanish influenza in perspective / A.W. Crosby
- Flu downunder: a demographic and geographic analysis of the 1919 pandemic in Sydney, Australia / Kevin McCracken and Peter Curson
- The dog that did not bark: evidence for the 1918 influenza pandemic in Senegal / M. Echenberg
- Spanish influenza seen from Spain / B. Echeverri
- "A fierce hunger": tracing the impacts of the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic in southwest Tanzania / J.G. Ellison
- Disease and colonialism in the Pacific: the 1918 influenza pandemic in Western Polynesia / Phyllis S. Herda
- Death in winter: the Spanish flu in the Canadian subarctic / D. Ann Herring and Lisa Sattenspiel
- The Spanish influenza in China, 1918-1920 / Wataru Iijima --
- -- The Spanish flu pandemic: what the American people knew / V.S. Jenkins
- Aspects of the 1918-19 influenza pandemic in England and Wales / N.P.A.S. Johnson
- "With all kinds of colours going through the sky": First Nations' perspectives on the influenza pandemic of 1918-19 / Mary-Ellen Kelm --Pandemic influenza and pregnancy: lessons from the past, and considerations about use of live attenuated vaccines / Alan P. Kendal and William P. Glezen
- A virologist's perspective on the 1918-19 pandemic / Edwin D. Kilbourne
- A judgement in time: medical responses to the 1918-1919 influenza in the United States / Lawrence Koblenz
- Spanish flu in Finnish cities, 1918-1920 / E. Linnanmäki
- The evolution of influenza A/H1N1 in Taiwan / C.H. Chan and W.T. Liu --
- --  Estimating the death toll of Spanish influenza 1918-1919: the case of Norway / Svenn-Erik Mamelund
- What's in a name: Spanish influenza in sub-Saharan Africa and what local names say about the perception of this pandemic / J. Mueller
- "A great catastrophe: the blood of the dead soldiers is killing us": African reactions to the influenza pandemic of 1918/1919 in Northern Rhodesia (Zambia) and Nyasaland (Malawi) / M.C. Musambachime
- Long-term effects of the 1918 Spanish influenza epidemic on sex differentials of mortality in the USA: exploratory findings from historical data / Andrew Noymer, Michel Garenne
- The Spanish flu in Saxony / K. Olm
- The 'fluenza on the road to Vua: a Nyasaland case study of a medical crisis and colonial politics / Melvin E. Page --
- -- Coping with the influenza pandemic, 1918-1919: the Bombay experience / M. Ramanna
- War, influenza and public health: a case study of the influenza of 1919 in Mauritius / S. Reddi
- Japan and New Zealand in the 1918 influenza pandemic: comparative perspectives on responses and crisis management / G.W. Rice
- Pandemic influenza, Pittsburgh- 1918 / Mary Wilson Sage
- Transmission of and protection against influenza: epidemiologic observations beginning with the 1918 pandemic and their implications / Stephen C. Schoenbaum
- The 1918 influenza epidemic in Montana / V.W. Steele
- Genetic characterization of the 1918 influenza virus / J.K. Taubenberger
- "All at sea" Spanish influenza, maritime quarantine and Australian troopships 1918-1919 / C. Thomas --
- -- The influenza pandemic of 1918/19 in Nuremberg/Germany / Manfred Vasold
- The Indian experience of influenza pandemic 1918-19: Why the mortality was so huge / K. Wakimura
- The influenza epidemic of 1918-19 in Baden - the plaque that was not allowed to happen / W. Witte
- A holocaust in a holocaust. The 1918 Spanish influenza epidemic in France and the Great War / P. Zylberman.
- This international conference on the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 was held at the University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa, Sept. 12-15, 1998.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Spanish flu pandemic after 80 years
- Photocopy. [S.l. : s.n., 2004?] 2 v. ; 30 cm.
- Library copy 1 (GREEN, STK): 35 of the 38 papers presented.
Browse related items
Start at call number: