A chronology of American musical theater
- Richard C. Norton.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Physical description
- 3 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
At the library
Library has: v.1-
|ML1711.8 .N3 N67 2002 V.1||In-library use|
|ML1711.8 .N3 N67 2002 V.2||In-library use|
|ML1711.8 .N3 N67 2002 V.3||In-library use|
- Norton, Richard C., 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- v. 1. 1750-1912
- v. 2. 1912-1952
- v. 3. 1952-2001.
The first reference of its kind, this three-volume work presents basic production data on more than 3000 musicals from the 1860s through 1997. Organized first by year and then by season, the entries contain every piece of information from the "playbills" or opening night programs of Broadway and off-Broadway musicals, operettas, revues, and other works-from cast and crew to songs, set designers, composers, lyricists, and more. The volumes include detailed indexes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0195088883 (set : cloth : alk. paper)
- 0195155653 (v. 1 : cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780195088885 (set : cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780195155655 (v. 1 : cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: