Semblant : lithographs
- by Leonard Baskin.
- [Rockport, Me.] : Gehenna Press, 1996.
- Physical description
-  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 42 x 43 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .G32 B38 1996 FF||In-library use|
- 1. Ernst Barlach : essay / by Alex Page
- 2. Paula Moderson Becker : essay / by Helen Yglesias
- 3. Thomas Eakins : essay / by Sylvan Schendler
- 4. Edvard Munch : poems / by Richard Michelson
- 5. Giovanni Fattori : essay / by Jonathan Evan Maslow.
- Local subject
- Gehenna Press.
- Publication date
- Title page printed in red and black.
- Pages formed from folded leaves. Each essay is arranged in a "fasicule" made of folded leaves and plates.
- Issued in case signed by Gray Parrot.
- "Twenty-five copies ... have been published ... The great Semblant of the title pages has been lettered by John Benson of Newport, R.I. The lithographs are printed from the stones by Herb Fox of Merrimac, Mass. Dan Carr cast the Bembo type for the text at the Golgonooza Letter Foundry and composed the five artists' names from a digital Bembo font. The letterpress was prepared & proofed by Arthur Larson & printed by Daniel Keleher, both of Hadley, Mass. Three copies have three watercolors by the artist of Semblant, Leonard Baskin. These three copies constitute the special edition & are numbered 1-3. The regular edition is numbered 4-25"--Colophon.
- Stanford copy 1 (GNST): No. 7. Binding: Text & plates loose in black cloth folder, with title in red & black leather on upper cover; in green cloth case, with leather spine. Prospectus laid in.
Browse related items
Start at call number: