Progress in nano-electro-optics
- Motoichi Ohtsu (ed.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, 2002-
- Physical description
- v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 86.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 89.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 96.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 109.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 117.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 139.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 155.
- Ohtsu, Motoichi.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- High Throughput Probes for Near-Field Optics and Their Applications.- Modulation of an Electron Beam in Optical Near-Fields.- Fluorescence Spectroscopy with Surface Plasmon Excitation.- Optical Characterization of In(Ga)As/GaAs Self-assembled Quantum Dots Using Near-Field Spectroscopy.- Quantum Theoretical Approach to Optical Near Fields and Some Related Applications.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume focuses on fundamental aspects of nano-electro-optics. Starting with fiber probes and related devices for generating and detecting the optical near-field with high efficiency and resolution, the next chapter addresses the modulation of an electron beam by optical near-fields. Further topics include: fluorescence spectroscopy, in which sample molecules are excited by the evanescent surface plasmon field close to metallic surfaces; spatially resolved near-field photoluminescence spectroscopy of semiconductor quantum dots, which will become an essential issue in future electro-optical devices and systems; and, finally, the quantum theory of the optical near-field. This latter theory accounts for all the essential features of the interaction between optical near-fields and nanomaterials, atoms and molecules. Together these overviews will be a valuable resource for engineers and scientists working in the field of nano-electro-optics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Beginning date
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 86, 89, 96, 109, 117, 139, 155
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 3540435042 (alk. paper)
- 9783540435044 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: