Concepts of modern catalysis and kinetics
- I. Chorkendorff, J.W. Niemantsverdriet.
- Weinheim [Germany] : Wiley-VCH, c2003.
- Physical description
- xvii, 452 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- CHEMENG-142-01 -- Basic Principles of Heterogeneous Catalysis with Applicat...
- Noerskov, Jens K
- CHEMENG-242-01 -- Basic Principles of Heterogeneous Catalysis with Application
- Noerskov, Jens K
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|QD505 .C46 2003||2-hour loan|
|(no call number)||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction to Catalysis. 2. Kinetics. 3. Reaction Rate Theory. 4. Catalyst Characterization. 5. Solid Catalysts. 6. Surface Reactivity. 7. Kinetics of Reactions on Surfaces. 8. Heterogeneous Catalysis in Practice: Hydrogen. 9. Oil Refining and Petrochemistry. 10. Environmental Catalysis. Questions and Exercises. Appendix A. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Until now, the literature has offered a rather limited approach to the use of fundamental kinetics and their application to catalytic reactions. Subsequently, this book spans the full range from fundamentals of kinetics and heterogeneous catalysis via modern experimental and theoretical results of model studies to their equivalent large--scale industrial production processes. The result is key knowledge for students at technical universities and professionals already working in industry. '...such an enterprise will be of great value to the community, to professionals as well as graduate and undergraduate students attempting to move into the field of modern catalysis and kinetics. I strongly recommend you publish this book based on the proposal.' -- Prof. Dr. G. A. Samorjai, University of California 'Both authors are well respected specialists, with a very long record of original top--quality work and an international reputation. A book from these authors will be considered an authoritative piece of work, I definitely support this project and I am looking forward to use the book when published.' -- Prof. Dr. D. E. Resasco, University of Oklahoma 'I wholly support the proposed project. The authors are very competent young colleagues and there is a real need for such a textbook' -- Prof. Dr. G. Ertl, Fritz--Haber--Institut, Max--Planck--Gesellschaft, Berlin.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 3527305742 (hd. bd.)
- 9783527305742 (hd. bd.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: