School leadership and administration : adopting a cultural perspective
- edited by Allan Walker and Clive Dimmock.
- New York : RoutledgeFalmer, 2002.
- Physical description
- xiv, 242 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference books in international education.
- Includes bibliographical refeferences and index.
- Introduction The Societal Cultural Context of Educational Administration and Leadership Part One: Conceptualizing and Researching the Influence of Societal Culture
- 1. Cross-cultural and Comparative Insights into Educational Administration and Leadership: An Initial Framework
- 2. Educational Leadership: taking Account of Complex Global and Cultural Contexts
- 3. Western-centric Perspectives on Values and Leadership: Cultural Isomorphs of Educational Administration
- 4. Learning and Teaching: A Cross-cultural Perspective
- 5. Issues in the Investigation of School Leadership across Cultures Part Two: The Influence of Societal Culture on Schools and School Leadership
- 6. Leadership, Learning, and the Challenge to Democracy
- 7. Educational Change in Thailand: Opening a Window onto Leadership
- 8. Shaping the Future in Hong Kong: Contexts and Cultures
- 9. Leadership in High Achieving Schools in Singapore: The Influence of Societal Culture
- 10. Leadership and Culture in Chinese Education
- 11. School Leadership in English Schools: Portraits, Puzzles, and Identity
- 12. Hong Kong Principals' Dilemmas: Basis, Management, and Consequence Conclusion
- 13. Embedding Societal Culture in the Study of Educational Leadership.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This text calls for a broader approach to comparative educational administration: one which uses culture as the principle means of analysis. The articles collected by Allan Walker and Clive Dimmock detail the educational practices and outcomes of other systems while taking into account the mediating influence of culture. In this way, these essays stress the specific aspects of the cultures studied, and map out common ground for the study of administrators' values, beliefs, and actions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Reference books in international education
- 0415932947 (pbk.)
- 9780415932943 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: