Human genetics for the social sciences
- by Gregory Carey.
- Thousand Oaks : Sage Publications, c2003.
- Physical description
- xxii, 506 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Advanced psychology texts ; v. 4.
- Carey, Gregory.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 454-478) and indexes.
- Preface Lemonade The Cell DNA & the Genetic Code Epigenesis & Genetic Regulation Mendelian Traits & Behavior DCG: Disorders with Complex Genetics The New Genetics: Techniques for DNA Analysis Chromosomes & Chromosomal Anomalies Mendel Morgan & Linkage The Association Study Introduction to Module 2: Evolution The Five Forces Behind Human Evolution Human Evolution Introduction to Evolutionary Psychology Principles of Evolutionary Psychology Introduction to Module 3: Individual Differences Quantitative Genetics I: Important Concepts Quantitative II: Estimation & Testing Genes, IQ Scores, & Social Status: I. The Phenotype of IQ Genes, IQ Scores, & Social Status: II. Genetic Epidemiology Personality Schizophrenia Antisocial Behavior & Violence.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761923459 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- '...a useful text for aquiring a solid grounding in behavioural genetics...the figures are excellent providing a clear accompaniment to the text' Human Psychopharmacology Human Genetics for the Social Sciences introduces psychology and other social science students to the role genetics play in the individual differences in human behaviour. There is a growing awareness of the importance of this role, yet many behavioural scientists have little background in even basic biology, much less training in genetics. Many psychologists and psychology students lack the background to learn about human genetics through traditional texts written for biologists, medical students and geneticists. This broad-based text meets the need to explain genetics to this audience in a non-technical, introductory fashion deliberately focussing on the 'big' picture of genetics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761923459 20160528
- Publication date
- Advanced psychology texts ; v. 4
Browse related items
Start at call number: