The Nobel scientists : a biographical encyclopedia
- Kurian, George Thomas.
- Amherst, N.Y. : Prometheus Books, 2002.
- Physical description
- 420 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chemistry [1901-1915, 1918, 1920-1923, 1925-1932, 1934-1939, 1943-2000]
- Physics [1901-1915, 1917-1930, 1932-1933, 1935-1939, 1943-2000]
- Physiology or medicine [1901-1914, 1919-1920, 1922-1924, 1926-1939, 1943-2000].
- Publisher's Summary
- This outstanding reference work brings together profiles of the more than 450 scientists who have won the Nobel Prize in physics, chemistry, or medicine/physiology. Now available on the centenary of the Nobel Prize, this valuable resource illustrates, through the extraordinary contributions of the scientists profiled, the phenomenal growth of science and technology in the last 100 years. Presented chronologically for easy reference, each entry provides a basic biography followed by information on the scientific career and achievements of the particular scientist. Also noted and discussed are the value and significance of the contributions for which the Nobel Prize was awarded. Many photographs accompany the entries, and the work concludes with indexes organised by name, nationality, and scientific discovery. This one-of-a-kind reference book will be a valuable addition to both academic and school libraries, as well as an approachable source of fascinating information for the average person interested in science.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- George Thomas Kurian.
- 1573929271 (alk. paper)
- 9781573929271 (alk. paper)