It doesn't take a rocket scientist : great amateurs of science
- John Malone.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2002.
- Physical description
- vii, 232 p. ; 24 cm.
- Malone, John Williams.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The father of genetics / Gregor Johann Mendel
- Comet hunter / David H. Levy
- Cepheid star decoder / Henrietta Swan Leavitt
- Discoverer of oxygen / Joseph Priestley
- Electromagnetic lawgiver / Michael Faraday
- Father of radio astronomy / Grote Reber
- Communications satellite visionary / Arthur C. Clarke
- First modern archaeologist / Thomas Jefferson
- Dinosaur hunter / Susan Hendrickson
- Bacteriophages discoverer / Felix d'Herelle.
- Publisher's Summary
- Though they seldom receive the attention accorded their professional counterparts, amateur scientists have made some of the most exciting breakthroughs in the history of science. This work presents a collection of biographies of great amateur scientists and their discoveries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: