Standard handbook of biomedical engineering and design
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2003.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. ; 25 cm.
- McGraw-Hill standard handbooks.
- Kutz, Myer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART 1: BIOMEDICAL SYSTEMS ANALYSIS Chapter 1: Modeling and Simulation of Biomedical Systems PART 2: MECHANICS OF THE HUMAN BODY Chapter 2: Bioheat Transfer Chapter 3: Physical and Flow Properties of Blood Chapter 4: Respiratory Mechanics and Gas Exchange Chapter 5: Biomechanics of Human Movement Chapter 6: Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System Chapter 7: Biodynamics: A Lagrangian Approach Chapter 8: Bone Mechanics Chapter 9: Finite-Element Analysis Chapter 10: Vibration, Mechanical Shock, and Impact PART 3: BIOMATERIALS Chapter 11: Biopolymers Chapter 12: Biomedical Composites Chapter 13: Bioceramics Chapter 14: Cardiovascular Biomaterials Chapter 15: Orthopedic Biomaterials Chapter 16: Biomaterials to Promote Tissue Regeneration PART 4: BIOELECTRICITY Chapter 17: Bioelectricity and Its Measurement Chapter 18: Biomedical Signal Analysis PART 5: DESIGN OF MEDICAL DEVICES AND DIAGNOSTIC INSTRUMENTATION Chapter 19: Medical Product Design Chapter 20: Cardiovascular Devices Chapter 21: Design of Respiratory Devices Chapter 22: Design of Controlled-Release Drug Delivery Systems Chapter 23: Sterile Medical Device Package Development Chapter 24: Design of Magnetic Resonance Systems Chapter 25: Instrumentation Design for Ultrasonic Imaging Chapter 26: The Principles of X-Ray Computed Tomography Chapter 27: Nuclear Medicine Imaging Instrumentation Chapter 28: Breast Imaging Systems: Design Challenges for Engineers PART 6: ENGINEERING ASPECTS OF SURGERY Chapter 29: Computer-Integrated Surgery and Medical Robotics PART 7: REHABILITATION ENGINEERING Chapter 30: Technology and Disabilities Chapter 31: Applied Universal Design Chapter 32: Design of Artificial Arms and Hands for Prosthetic Applications Chapter 33: Design of Artificial Limbs for Lower Extremity Amputees Chapter 34: Home Modification Design Chapter 35: Rehabilitators PART 8: CLINICAL ENGINEERING Chapter 36: Clinical Engineering Overview Chapter 37: Technology Planning for Health Care Institutions Chapter 38: An Overview of Health Care Facilities Planning Chapter 39: Department/Program Management Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Biomedical Engineers' Handbook" combines engineering principles with biological systems, assisting designers to develop products that monitor psychological functions and to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. This is the first handbook on the subject to address fully all major topics in the field, providing the reader with the most comprehensive single-source handbook to the subject ever published.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Myer Kutz, editor in chief.
- McGraw-Hill standard handbooks