Répertoire 1857-1904 [microform] : [libérations].
- [Dakar] : Atelier de microfilm, Direction des archives du Sénégal, Annexe, 2002.
- Physical description
- 7 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- 1. Registre I (1857-1874)-III (1881)
- 2. Registre III (suite) (1879-1881)-V (1884-1887)
- 3. Registre V (suite) (1884-1887)-IX (1888-1891)
- 4. Registre IX (suite) (1888-1891)-XI (1891-1894)
- 5. Registre XI (suite) (1891-1894)-XIV (1897-1899)
- 6. Registre XIV (suite) (1897-1899)-XVII (1902-1903)
- 7. Registre XVII (suite) (1902-1903)-XX (1897-1904).
- Slave emancipation registries from the colonial administration of Senegal. The first entry was recorded on August 6, 1857, and the last was May 16, 1904. In all, there were 20 record books for slave liberations. While the format changed over the years, the general system used by the colonial government was the following: name of slave, place of birth (if available), age, place of liberation within the colony of Senegal, date of liberation, and name of the colonial administrator. Cf. Explanatory letter accompanying microfilm reels.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Registre de libération de captifs ...
- Also known as: Slave liberation registries from the Colony of Senegal, 1857-1904
- Microfilmed from originals located at the National Archives of Senegal in Dakar.
Browse related items
Start at call number: