Chirality in natural and applied science
- edited by W.J. Lough and I.W. Wainer.
- Oxford : Blackwell Science ; Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 2002.
- Physical description
- xiii, 313 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction-Retournons a Pasteur! . Pasteur on Molecular Handedness-and the Sequel. The Origin of Biomolecular Chirality. Chirality at the Sub-Molecular Level: True and False Chirality. The Molecular Basis of Chiral Recognition. Chirality in Drug Design and Development. Chirality in Medicinal Chemistry. Separation of Chiral Compounds-From Crystallisation to Chromatography. Electronic Circular Dichroism - Fundamentals, Methods and Applications. Chirality in the Natural World: Chemical Communications. Chirality in the Natural World - Odours and Tastes. Chirality in the Natural World: Life Through the Looking Glass. Concluding remarks - Chirality, Chemistry, The Future. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780849324345 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- An understanding of chirality is central to the study and application of the molecular sciences. Particularly relevant to the work of pharmaceutical, natural product, organic, and analytical chemists, biochemists, and molecular biologists, "Chirality in Natural and Applied Science" provides a highly practical overview of the chemical significance of chirality. Contributions from world-class scientists describe our current understanding of chirality and discuss its significant impact on modern chemistry and molecular science. They explore the origins of chirality, its natural occurrence on a variety of scales, and its current and potential applications in research and industry.Chirality undoubtedly will remain integral to all of molecular science, and as our knowledge and understanding grow, its importance certainly will increase. Bringing together the insights and experience of scientists who have played influential roles in chirality research, "Chirality in Natural and Applied Science" helps ensure a thorough understanding of chirality, its importance and its applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780849324345 20160527
- This book is for chemists in industry and in academic and research institutions. It is also for those in related disciplines such as pharmacy, physics and biochemistry. It covers the important applications of Chirality in industry and beyond, and its natural occurrence on a variety of scales from the nano to the macro. The importance of this field has continued to grow with strategically important applications in the pharmaceutical, flavour and fragrance industries. The launch of this title coincides with the 150th anniversary of the birth of Louis Pasteur who first described the phenomenon.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780632054350 20160528
- Publication date
- 0849324343 (US AND CANADA)
- 9780849324345 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: