Adsorption and aggregation of surfactants in solution
- edited by K.L. Mittal, Dinesh O. Shah.
- New York : Marcel Dekker, 2002, c2003.
- Physical description
- xvii, 697 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Surfactant science series ; v. 109.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP994 .S88 1984 V.13||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Highlights of Research on Molecular Interactions at Interfaces from the University of Florida, D.O. Shah and B.M. Moudgil Interaction Between Surfactant-Stabilized Particles: Dynamic Aspects, J. Lyklema Solid Particles at Liquid Interfaces, Including Their Effects on Emulsion and Foam Stability, R. Aveyard and J.H. Clint From Polymeric Films to Nanocapsules, H. Mohwald, H. Lichtenfeld, S. Moya, A. Voight, G. B. Sukhorukov, S. Leporatti, L. Dahne, I. Radtchenko, A.A. Antipov, C. Gao, and E. Donath Investigation of Amphiphilic Systems by Subzero Temperature Differential Scanning Calorimetry, S. Ezrahi, A. Aserin, and N. Garti Aggregation Behavior of Dimeric and Gemini Surfactants in Solution: Raman, Selective Decoupling 13C NMR, and SANS Studies, H. Okabayashi, N. Hattori, and C.J. O'Connor Snared by Trapping: Chemical Explorations of Interfacial Compositions of Cationic Micelles, L.S. Romsted Effect of Surfactants on Pregastric Enzyme-Catalyzed Hydrolysis of Triacylglycerols and Esters, C.J. O'Connor, D.T. Lai, and C.Q. Sun Effect of Benzyl Alcohol on the Properties of CTAB/KBr Micellar Systems, G. Li, W. Zhang, L.-Q. Zheng, and Q. Shen Vesicle Formation by Chemical Reactions: Spontaneous Vesicle Formation in Mixtures of Zwitterionic and Catanionic Surfactants, K. Horbaschek, M. Gradzielski, and H. Hoffmann Mechanism of the Clouding Phenomenon in Surfactant Solutions, C. Manohar Atomic Force Microscopy of Adsorbed Surfactant Micelles, W.A. Ducker A Simple Model to Predict Nonlinear Viscoelasticity and Shear Banding Flow of Wormlike Micellar Solutions, J. E. Puig, F. Bautista, J. H. Perez-Lopez, J. F. A. Soltero, and Octavio Manero Preparation and Stabilization of Silver Colloids in Aqueous Surfactant Solutions, D.-W. Kim, S.-I. Shin, and S.-G. Oh Silver and Palladium Nanoparticles Incorporated in Layer Structured Materials, R. Patakfalvi, S. Papp, and I. Dekany Water-in-Carbon Dioxide Microemulsions Stabilized by Fluorosurfactants, J. Eastoe, A. Paul, D. Steytler, E. Rumsey, R.K. Heenan, and J. Penfold Organic Synthesis in Microemulsions: An Alternative or a Complement to Phase Transfer Catalysis, K. Holmberg and M. Hager Physicochemical Characterization of Nanoparticles Synthesized in Microemulsions, J.B. Nagy, L. Jeunieau, F. Debuigne, and I. Ravet-Bodart Phase Behavior of Microemulsion Systems Based on Optimized Nonionic Surfactants, W. von Rybinski and M. Wegener Microemulsions in Foods: Challenges and Applications, A.G. Gaonkar and R.P. Bagwe Microemulsion-Based Viscosity Index Improvers, S. Devi and N.K. Pokhriyal Foams, Foam Films, and Monolayers, D. Langevin Role of Entry Barriers in Foam Destruction by Oil Drops, A.D. Hadjiiski, N.D. Denkov, S.S. Tcholakova, and I.B. Ivanov Principles of Emulsion Formulation Engineering, J.-L. Salager, L. Marquez, I. Mira, A. Pena, E. Tyrode, and N.B. Zambrano Nano-Emulsions: Formation, Properties, and Applications, C. Solans, J. Esquena, A.M. Forgiarini, N. Uson, D. Morales, P. Izquierdo, N. Azemar, and M.J.Garcia-Celma Surface Modifications of Liposomes for Recognition and Response to Environmental Stimuli, J.-D. Kim, S. Kyoung Bae, J.-C. Kim, and E.-O. Lee Specific Partition of Surface-Modified Liposomes in Aqueous PEO/Polysaccharide Two-Phase Systems, E.-C. Kang, K. Akiyoshi, and J. Sunamoto Novel Cationic Transfection Lipids for Use in Liposomal Gene Delivery, R. Banerjee, P.K. Das, G.V. Srilakshmi, N.M. Rao, and A. Chaudhuri Combinatorial Surface Chemistry: A Novel Concept for Langmuir and Langmuir-Blodgett Films Research Qun Huo and Roger M. Leblanc Oscillating Structural Forces Reflecting the Organization of Bulk Solutions and Surface Complexes, P.M. Claesson and V. Bergeron Effect of Polymeric Surfactants on the Behavior of Polycrystalline Materials with Special Reference to Ammonium Nitrate, A.K. Chattopadhyay Surface Tension Measurements with Top-Loading Balances, B. Grady, A.R. Slagle, L. Zhu, E.E. Tucker, S.D. Christian, and J.F. Scamehorn Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Offering the latest research and developments in the understanding of surfactant behaviour in solutions, this reference investigates the role and dynamics of surfactants and their solution properties in the formulation of paints, printing inks, paper coatings, pharmaceuticals, personal care products, cosmetics, liquid detergents, and lubricants. Exploring the science behind techniques from oil recovery to drug delivery, the book covers: surfactant stabilized particles; solid particles at liquid interfaces; nanocapsules; aggregation behaviour of surfactants; micellar catalysis; vesicles and liposomes; the clouding phenomena; viscoelasticity of micellar solutions; and more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data) 9780824708436 20160528
- Publication date
- Surfactant science series ; v. 109
- "Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Surfactants in Solution (SIS) held in Gainesville, Florida, June 11-16, 2000"--P. iii.
- 0824708431 (alk. paper)
- 9780824708436 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: