Stanford University Press photographs, 1924-1976 (inclusive), 1924-1945 (bulk)
- Physical description
- 2.25 linear feet
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|PC0093 BOX 1||In-library use|
|PC0093 BOX 2||In-library use|
|PC0093 BOX 3||In-library use|
Items from this collection are featured in:
- Corporate Author
- Stanford University Press.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- Collection includes photographs, 1936-1945, and one scrapbook, 1924-1976. Subjects of the photographs are the Stanford University Press and staff; Stanford University buildings, students, and faculty/staff; and San Francisco's skyline and bay bridge. Of note among the Stanford photographs are scenes of army training during World War II, the 1942 commencement, the Flying Indians (student flying club), class and laboratory scenes, and a radio workshop ca. 1940. Individuals include John Borsdamm, Will Friend, Herbert Hoover, Marchmont Schwartz, Clark Shaughnessy, Graham Stuart, and Ray Lyman Wilbur. The album pertains largely to staff in the press bindery and includes photographs, clippings, letters, notes, humorous pencil sketches, and poems, mostly by Carlton L. Whitten.
- Borsdamm, John.
- Friend, Will A.
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964.
- Schwartz, Marchmont.
- Shaughnessy, Clark.
- Stuart, Graham H. (Graham Henry), 1887-1983
- Wilbur, Ray L. (Ray Lyman), 1875-1949.
- Whitten, Carlton L.
- Stanford University > Buildings.
- Stanford University > Students.
- World War, 1939-1945 > California > Stanford.
- San Francisco (Calif.)
- San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge (Oakland and San Francisco, Calif.)
- Stanford University > Commencement.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Administrative transfer from the Stanford University Press, 2000.
Browse related items
Start at call number: