Looking and writing : a guide for art history students
- Marilyn Wyman.
- Upper Saddle River, NJ : Prentice Hall, c2003.
- Physical description
- xxii, 88 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
|N5303 .W97 2003||Unknown|
- Wyman, Marilyn.
- 1. Looking and Seeing. 2. Looking for Meaning. 3. Understanding Formal Elements. 4. Principles of Design and Composition. 5. Applying Art History's Tools. 6. Using the Internet to Look at Art. 7. Writing Your Essay. 8. Citing Sources and Resources.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780130983596 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- For students taking courses in Art History and Art Appreciation. Also appropriate for any course that includes visual communication. Looking and Writing is an introductory guide for students who are engaged in writing a visual analysis for the first time. Although it is written informally with the beginning student in mind, it provides the reader with the technical vocabulary appropriate for visual analysis. Guidelines for the selection, analysis, and presentation of an image found in a museum or gallery setting or an on-line site form the core chapters of the text. Other chapters discuss the use of symbols, the cultural precepts of how we process visual information, suggestions for writing and proofreading an essay and the structure of a proper bibliography.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780130983596 20160528
- Publication date
- Includes bibliograpical references (p. 83-84) and index.
- 0130983594 (pbk.)
- 9780130983596 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: