Fables ancient and modern [microform]
- translated into verse from Homer, Ovid, Boccace, & Chaucer, with orginal poems, by Mr. Dryden.
- London : Printed for Jacob Tonson ..., MDCC 
- Physical description
- , 646 [i.e. 558],  p.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1503:7.
- To Her Grace the Dutchess of Ormonde
- Palamon and Arcite ... from Chaucer
- To my honour'd kinsman John Driden
- Meleager and Atalanta ... Sigismonda and Guiscardo, from Boccace
- Baucis and Philemon ... Pygmalion and the statue ... Cinyras and myrrhas, The first book of Homer's Ilias
- The cock and the fox ... from Chaucer
- Theodore and Honoria, from Boccace
- Ceyx and Alcyone
- The flower and the leaf ... Mr. Dryden's ode in honour of St. Cecilia's Day,
- The twelfth book of Ovid his Metamorphoses ... The speeches of Ajax and Ulysses, ... The wife of Bath, her tale
- Of the Pythagorean philosophy ... The character of a good parson / imitated from Chaucer and inlarg'd
- The monument of a fair maiden lady ... Cymon and Iphigenia, from Boccace
- The knight's tale / ... written by Geffrey Chaucer
- The tale of the nun's priest / ... written by Geffrey Chaucer
- The floure and the leafe / ... written by Geffrey Chaucer
- The wife of Bathe's tale / ... written by Geffrey Chaucer.
- Publication date
- In verse.
- Half title page reads : Mr. Dryden's fables.
- "To His Grace the Duke of Ormond" signed: John Dryden.
- Error in paging: p. 272-359 omitted.
- Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
- Wing D2278.
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1503:7) s1984 miun a
Browse related items
Start at call number: