Writings on slavery and the American Civil War
- Harriet Martineau ; edited by Deborah Anna Logan.
- DeKalb : Northern Illinois University Press, c2002.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 359 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -343) and index.
This publication is a compilation of the writings of British journalist Harriet Martineau and her influence as one of the leading social reformers of her day. It expresses her views on American society, politics, and her support for the abolition of slavery, before and during the Civil War.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0875802923 (acid-free paper)
- 9780875802923 (acid-free paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: