The rise of the medieval world, 500-1300 : a biographical dictionary
- edited by Jana K. Schulman.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2002.
- Physical description
- xxxiii, 500 p. ; 24 cm.
- Great cultural eras of the Western world.
- Schulman, Jana K., 1959-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -483) and indexes.
- Introduction-- The Dictionary-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313308178 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Beginning in 500 with the fusion of classical, Christian, and Germanic cultures and ending in 1300 with a Europe united by a desire for growth, knowledge, and change, this volume provides basic information on the significant cultural figures of the Middle Ages. It includes over 400 people whose contributions in literature, religion, philosophy, education, or politics influenced the development and culture of the Medieval world. While focusing on Western European figures, the book does not neglect those from Byzantium, Baghdad, and the Arab world who also contributed to the politics, religion, and culture of Western Europe.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313308178 20160528
- Publication date
- The great cultural eras of the Western world, 1534-9527
- 0313308179 (alk. paper)
- 9780313308178 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: