Communicating science : the scientific article from the 17th century to the present
- Alan G. Gross, Joseph E. Harmon, Michael Reidy.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Physical description
- x, 267 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 253-262) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book describes the development of the scientific article from its modest beginnings to the global phenomenon that it has become today. Their analysis of a large sample of texts in French, English, and German focuses on the changes in the style, oganization, and argumentative structure of scientific communication over time. They also speculate on the future currency of the scientific article, as it enters the era of the World Wide Web. This book is an outstanding resource text in the rhetoric of science, and will stand as the definitive study on the topic.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195134544 20160528
- Publication date
- 0195134540 (cloth)
- 9780195134544 (cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: