Fifty key Medieval thinkers
- G.R. Evans.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2002.
- Physical description
- xxxiv, 183 p. ; 23 cm.
- Routledge key guides.
- Evans, G. R. (Gillian Rosemary)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Augustine of Hippo, Ambrose of Milan, Jerome, Ps-Dionysius, Cassiodorus, Boethius, Gregory the Great, Isidore of Seville, Bede, Paschasius Radbertus, Johannes Scotus Eriugena, Hincmar of Rheims, Remiguis of Auxerre, Gerbert of Aurillac, Berengar of Tours, Peter Damian, Anselm of Canterbury, Hugh of St Victor, Adelard of Bath, Ivo of Chartres, Maimonides, Rupert of Deutz, Peter Abelard, William of Conches, Bernard of Clairvaux, Anselm of Havelberg, Averroes (Ibn Rushd), John of Salisbury, Hildegard of Bingen, Joachim of Fiore, Francis of Assisi, Robert Grosseteste, Roger Bacon, Bonaventure, Albertus Magnus, Thomas Aquinas, Siger of Brabant, Johannes Duns Scotus, Dante Alighieri, Ramon Llull, Meister Eckhart, Thomas Bradwardine, William of Ockham, Baldus of Ubaldis, John Wyclif, Pierre d'Ailly, Jean Gerson, Nicholas of Cusa, Gabriel Biel.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415236621 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Focussing on individuals whose ideas shaped intellectual life between 400 and 1500, Fifty Key Medieval Thinkers is an accessible introduction to those religious, philosophical and political concepts central to the medieval worldview. Including such diverse figures as Bede and Wyclif, each entry presents a biographical outline, a list of works and a summary of their main theories, alongside suggestions for further reading. Chronologically arranged, and with an introductory essay which presents important themes in context, this volume is an invaluable reference tool for all students of Medieval Europe.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415236621 20160527
- Publication date
- Routledge key guides
- 0415236630 (pbk.)
- 9780415236638 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: