Applied homogeneous catalysis with organometallic compounds : a comprehensive handbook in three volumes
- edited by Boy Cornils and Wolfgang A. Herrmann.
- 2nd, completely rev. and enl. ed.
- Weinheim : [Great Britain] : Wiley-VCH, 2002.
- Physical description
- 3 v. (xliii, 1450 p.) : ill., ports. ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
Library has: v.1-
|QD505 .A67 2002 V.1||Unknown|
|QD505 .A67 2002 V.2||Unknown|
|QD505 .A67 2002 V.3||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- VOLUME 1: APPLICATIONS. Introduction (B. Cornils and W. A. Herrmann) Introduction Historical Glossary Applied Homogeneous Catalysis. Carbon Monoxide and Synthesis Gas Chemistry. Hydrogenation (H. Brunner). Reactions of Unsaturated Compounds. Oxidations. Reactions with Hydrogen Cyanide (Hydrocyanation) (S. Krill). Hydrosilyation and Related Reactions of Silicon Compounds (B. Marciniec). Reaction with Nitrogen Compounds: Hydroamination (R. Taube). Reactions of Hydrocarbons and Other Saturated Compounds. Asymmetric Syntheses (R. Noyori, et al.). Ferrocene as a Gasoline and Fuel Additive (W. Herrmann). The Suzuki Cross Coupling (W. Herrmann). VOLUME 2: DEVELOPMENTS. Recent Developments in Homogeneous Catalysis. Development of Methods. Special Catalysts and Processes. Special Products. Epilogue. Homogeneous Catalysis Quo vadis? (W. Herrmann and B. Cornils). Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527304349 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Homogeneous catalysis is the success story of organometallic chemistry. Since the discovery of hydroformylation by O. Roelen in 1938, catalytic applications have paved the way of organometallic compounds in industry. Bulk and fine chemicals, and even natural products are being produced via homogeneous organometallic catalysis. The enormous breadth of this topic in view of both basic research and industrial application is met in this three volume handbook edited jointly by W. A. Herrmann and B. Cornils. The list of contributors reads like a who-is-who in organometallic chemistry and homogeneous catalysis. In this handbook, experts will find the current state-of-the-art in their field and advanced students will benefit from the concise treatment of important catalytic reactions and processes. With its balanced presentation of the truly interdisciplinary topic and its outstanding editor- and authorship, the 'Cornils/Herrmann' is beyond common standards. Now in its second, completely revised and enlarged edition!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527304349 20160528
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 1996.
- 9783527304349 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: