Sustaining human settlement : a challenge for the new millennium
- edited by Roderick J. Lawrence.
- North Shields [England] : Urban International Press, 2000.
- Physical description
- xii, 407,  p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Lawrence, Roderick J.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Editorial introduction / Roderick J. Lawrence
- Pathways and paradigms for sustaining human communities / Steve Hatfield Dodds
- Indicators as tools to guide progress on the sustainable development pathway / Gordon Mitchell
- An agenda for community design and planning : participation and empowerment in practice / Roberta M. Feldman, Lynne M. Westphal
- Health, economy and environment in Sheffield and Izhevsk : a comparative study / Geoff Green
- Nature conservation in urban landscapes : ecological, economic and sociological perspectives / Irene Rign, Karin Frank and Georg Kneer
- Urban intensification and social sustainability : the importance of social capacity / Elizabeth Burton, Katie Williams and Mike Jenks
- The links between crime prevention and sustaining human settlements / Chrisna du Plessis
- Building more liveable cities by overcoming automobile dependence : an international comparative review / Jeff Kenworthy
- The Rotterdam REBUS-database as a tool for the development of healthy houses / W. de Haes, J. Bleeker, W. Swart, F. Woudenberg
- Households and infrastructures for sustaining cities : a research agenda for research, policy and practice / Anders Gullberg, Rony Pettersson, Mona Mårtensson and Peter Steen
- New possibilities for sustainable human settlements in a war-torn zone : the case of Bosnia and Herzegovina / Tigran Hasic & Andrew W. Roberts.
- Publication date
- 1872811043 (pbk.)
- 9781872811048 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: