Aural history : essays on recorded sound
- [edited by Andy Linehan].
- London : British Library, 2001.
- Physical description
- ix, 158 p. : ill., ports. ; 25 cm. + 1 sound disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|ACD 762||In-library use|
Library has: 1 v.
Library has: Supplement: 1 sound disc
|ML1055 .I35 2001||Unknown|
- Corporate Author
- International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives. Conference (32nd : 2001 : British Library, St. Pancras)
- Linehan, Andy.
- British Library. National Sound Archive.
- International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives.
- Association for Recorded Sound Collections.
- Includes bibliographical references.
This collection of essays presents a stimulating review of current professional issues for sounds and audio-visual archivists and other custodians of time-based media. The book pays particular attention to the variety of institutional holdings and collections, as well as to the numerous and innovative ways in which sound recordings are being used in academic and creative spheres. The essays illustrate the wide variety of subject matters and use of sound recordings encountered by the modern archivist. Music, oral history, broadcasts, performance art and wildlife sound are assessed and analyzed through a number of different approaches. Both the informed non-specialist and the professional archivist should find useful material in this text, with audio visual archives increasingly responding to present their rich holdings to new and established audiences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data) 9780712347419 20160528
- Publication date
- "This volume of essays was published to mark the occasion of the 32nd annual conference of the International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives, held jointly with the Association for Recorded Sound Collections, and hosted by the National Sound Archive at the British Library, St. Pancras, 23-27 September 2001"--T.p. verso.
- Accompanying compact disc (issued in pocket inside back cover) contains recorded sound examples.
- Stanford, copy 1 (ARS): Book and sound disc shelved separately as ML1055 .I35 2001 (text) and British Library NSA CD (sound disc).
- Publisher Number
- NSA CD 10 British Library
Browse related items
Start at call number: