Hugo Munsterberg on film : The photoplay : a psychological study and other writings
- edited by Allan Langdale.
- New York : Routledge, 2002.
- Physical description
- v, 210 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Langdale, Allan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Editor's Introduction. Introduction. 1. The Outer Development of Moving Pictures 2. The Inner Development of Moving Pictures Part I. The Psychology of the Photoplay 3. Depth and Movement 4. Attention 5. Memory and Imagination 6. Emotions Part II. The Esthetics of the Photoplay 7. The Purpose of Art 8. The Means of the Various Arts 9. The Means of the Photoplay 10. The Demands of the Photoplay 11. The Function of the Photoplay.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415937061 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Hugo Muensterberg's The Photoplay (1916) is one of the first and most important early works of film theory. Munsterberg's work on the emerging art of cinema remains a key document for film scholars, but it has long been out of print. In this new edition, Allan Langdale provides a critical introduction to the seminal text and collects numerous hard-to-find writings on film by Munsterberg.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415937061 20160527
- Motion pictures.
- Publication date
- 0415937078 (pbk.)
- 9780415937078 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: