Dr. Oscar I. Norwich collection of maps of Africa and its islands, 1486 - ca. 1865
- Physical description
- 312 items.
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|INDIVIDUALLY CATALOGED||In-library use|
Items from this collection are featured in:
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- The collection contains 312 maps of Africa and its islands collected by Oscar I. Norwich, and includes sea charts and maps of Southern Africa; the Cape of Good Hope; North, East, and West Africa; islands, ports, and town plans. The majority of the maps are loose items, but a certain number are from rare, published atlases; a few were published in travel books.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Title Variation
- Norwich collection of maps of Africa and its islands
- Purchased in part with the support of the William R. & Yvonne E. Jacobson Africana Collections Program, 2002. Accession 2007-083.
- Dr. Oscar I. Norwich of Johannesburg, South Africa, collected maps, both printed and manuscript, for more than thirty-five years.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Finding aid available online.
Browse related items
Start at call number: