Aerospace materials : an Oxford-Kobe materials text
- edited by Brian Cantor, Hazel Assender and Patrick Grant.
- Bristol ; Philadelphia : Institute of Physics, c2001.
- Physical description
- xiii, 312 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Series in materials science and engineering.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 Industrial Applications. 2 Lightweight Materials. 3 High Temperature Materials.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750307420 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Aerospace Materials" provides a grounding in state-of-the-art aerospace materials technology, including developments in aluminum, titanium, and nickel alloys, as well as polymers and polymer composites. Experts in each topic have contributed key overviews that summarize current knowledge and indicate future trends. The book begins by outlining the industrial applications to airframes, aeroengines, and spacecraft before delving systematically into specific materials. It examines lightweight materials and then focuses on materials suited to high-temperature applications. The book combines perspectives in physics, materials science, and mechanical and aeronautical engineering.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750307420 20160528
- Publication date
- Series in materials science and engineering
- "Institute of Physics"--Cover.
- "... text on aerospace materials, rising out of presentations given at the first Oxford-Kobe Materials Seminar, held at the Kobe Institute, on 22-25 September 1998"--Pref.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: