Screening science : contexts, texts, and science in fifties science fiction film
- Errol Vieth.
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2001.
- Physical description
- xix, 263 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Vieth, Errol, 1950-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 243-255), filmography (p. 215-242) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Screening Science examines the growth in the influence and power of the scientific paradigm in the fifties, through an examination of the film where such science was discussed, distorted, debated, denigrated, demonized and deified. This exploration reveals a great deal about the concerns of the time, as well as the science that figures so powerfully in the webs of culture of the fifties.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780810840232 20160528
- Publication date
- 0810840235 (alk. paper)
- 9780810840232 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: