Godey's lady's book (1830-1880) [electronic resource].
- Uniform Title
- Godey's lady's book (Online : Accessible Archives)
- [Malvern, PA] : Accessible Archives.
- Accessible Archives.
- ["In addition to extensive fashion descriptions and plates, the early issues included biographical sketches, articles about mineralogy, handcrafts, female costume, the dance, equestrienne procedures, health & hygiene, recipes & remedies, etc. Each issue also contained two pages of sheet music, written essentially for the piano forte. Gradually the periodical matured into an important literary magazine and contained extensive book reviews and works by Harriet Beecher Stowe, Edgar Allen Poe, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and many other celebrated 19th century authors who regularly furnished the magazine with essays, poetry and short stories."]
- Vol/date range
- Coverage as of May 24, 2001: Oct 1830-1845.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 24, 2001).
- System requirements: World Wide Web browser software.
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
- Related Items
- Incorporates: Lady's book (1830-1839); Godey's lady's book and ladies' American magazine (1840-1843); and Godey's magazine and lady's book (1844-1848)
- Related Work
- Lady's book.
- Godey's lady's book.
- Godey's magazine and lady's book.