Organo-clay complexes and interactions
- edited by Shmuel Yariv, Harold Cross.
- New York : Marcel Dekker, c2002.
- Physical description
- viii, 688 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Structure and surface acidity of clay minerals-- introduction to organo-clay complexes and interactions-- interactions of vermiculites with organic compounds-- organophilicity and hydrophobicity of organo-clays-- adsorption of organic cations on clays - experimental results and modelling-- nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy-- thermal analysis of organo-clay complexes-- IR-spectroscopy and thermo-IR-spectroscopy in the study of the fine structure of organo-clay complexes-- staining of clay minerals and visible-absorption spectroscopy of dye-dye complexes-- clay catalysis in reactions of organic matter-- organo-materials and organo-clay interactions and the origin of life on Earth.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Provides comprehensive coverage of the structures, properties, and interactions of organo-clay complexes as well as their role in the origin of life. Presents current techniques in nuclear magnetic resonance, differential thermal analysis and thermogravimetry, visible spectroscopy, and infrared and thermal-infrared spectroscopy for the analysis of fine structures in organo-clay complexes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780824705862 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: