Femtochemistry : with the Nobel lecture of A. Zewail
- edited by Frans C. De Schryver, Steven De Feyter, and Gerd Schweitzer.
- Weinheim : New York : Wiley-VCH, c2001.
- Physical description
- xxii, 438 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD502 .F457 2001||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Nobel Lecture-- Excited States Dynamics of Conjugated Polymers and Oligomers-- Solvation Effects on Reaction Dynamics-- The Coherent Medium response to an Impulsive Charge Redistribution-- Femtosecond Three-pulse Four-wave Mixing: Characterization and Control of Intramolecular Dynamics-- Femtosecond Dynamics at Conical Intersections-- Femtochemistry in Nanocavities-- The Perturbation of Coherent Wave-Packet Motion in Molecules by Atomic Collisions-- Photoelectron Spectroscopy as a Probe to Investigate Chemical Dynamics-- Femtosecond Studies of Intramolecular Twisting of Fluorescent Chromophores in the Condensed Phase-- Transition States and Reaction Dynamics-An Overview-- Sub SF Real Time Spectroscopy in Molecules and Polymers-- Noncoherent Versus Coherent Laser Control of the Photochemical Reactions-- An Ab Initio Approach to Quantum Control of Isomerization Reactions: Proton Transfer, and Selective Preparation of Enantiomers-- Femtosecond Spectroscopy, Photochemistry, and Morphological Dynamics of Organic Microcrystals-- Femtosecond Energy-and Angle-Resolved Photoelectron Spectroscopy-- Excited State Intramolecular Proton Transfer (ESIPT) and Energy Relaxation Processes in Hydroxyphenylbenzotriazole Derivatives: A Femtosecond Laser Study-- Ultrafast Electron Transfer Dynamics in Aromatic Vinyl Polymers-- Femtosecond Chemical Events of Hydrogen-bonding in the Condensed Phase-- Vibrational Coherence in Electron Donor-Acceptor Complexes. Assignment of the Oscillary Mode-- Connecting Ultrafast Flutuations of Reactivity in Proteins-- Femtosecond Dynamics of Condensed-Phase and Biological Processes-- Two-dimensional Optical Nonlinear Spectroscopy in Liquids-- Energy Transfer in the Photosynthetic Light-Harvesting Antenna Studied by Femtosecond Non-linear Spectroscopy-- Metal clusters: Model Systems for Coherent Control.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527302598 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- The contributions collected here from expert femtochemists provide an insight into this area of interdisciplinary research. The range extends from femtochemistry in nanohollows to the investigation of the dynamics of biological reactions in the femtosecond range, from ab initio approaches to quantum chemical reaction controls to two-dimensional, nonlinear optical spectroscopy in liquids. This overview of the current level of research is rounded off with A. Zewail's Nobel prize-winning lecture.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527302598 20160527
- Publication date
- Selected proceedings from a conference held in Leuven, Belgium, 18-22 July, 1999.
- 352730259X (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: