Application of accelerators in research and industry : sixteenth international conference, Denton, Texas, 1-5 November 2000
- editors, J.L. Duggan, I.L. Morgan.
- Melville, N.Y. : American Institute of Physics, 2001.
- Physical description
- xxxiv, 1200 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- AIP conference proceedings no. 576.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Geosciences and related phenomena
- government funding for research
- insitu beams
- ion implantation (semiconductors)
- ion implantation (metallurgical)
- ion sources and control systems
- material analysis with ion beams
- medical applications with accelerators
- medical radioisotopes
- neutron activation analysis and bulk analysis with accelerators
- nuclear physics photon-ion interaction using fast beams
- positron beam experiments and facilities
- radiation effects
- radiation processing
- radiation therapy
- radioactive beam experiments and facilities
- radiological safety aspects of accelerators
- single-event upsets stopping power
- surface analysis with ion beams (PIXE)
- synchrotron light source experiments
- trace analysis with ion beams
- use of small accelerators in the undergraduate curriculum.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
The purpose of the conference was to review current research and the wealth of industrial applications that are in progress with accelerators throughout the world. The conference was composed of two symposia which ran in parallel. These are the Research Symposium and the Industrial Applications of Accelerators. Some of the sessions, which are of general interest, were held common to both groups. Over 500 invited papers were given at these symposia and contributed papers were accepted in the following areas: Accelerator and Component Design and Automation, Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS), Accelerator Technology, Atomic Physics and Related Phenomena, Beam Processing Biological and Chemical Applications, Carbon Dating, Channeling, Charged Particle Microprobes, Computer Tomography, CTR and Related Phenomena, Detectors-Electronics-Instrumentation, Dosimetry, Electron Beam Processing, ERDA, Geosciences and Related Phenomena, Government Funding for Research, Insitu Beams, Ion Implantation (Semiconductors), Ion Implantation (Metallurgical), Ion Sources and Control Systems, Material Analysis with Ion Beams, Medical Applications with Accelerators, Medical Radioisotopes, Neutron Activation Analysis and Bulk Analysis with Accelerators, Nuclear Physics Photon-Ion Interaction using Fast Beams, Positron Beam Experiments and Facilities, Radiation Effects, Radiation Processing, Radiation Therapy, Radioactive Beam Experiments and Facilities, Radiological Safety Aspects of Accelerators, RBS, Single-Event Upsets Stopping Power, Surface Analysis with Ion Beams (PIXE), Synchrotron Light Source experiments, Targetry, Trace Analysis with Ion Beams, and Use of Small Accelerators in the Undergraduate Curriculum.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- AIP conference proceedings, 0094-243X ; v. 576
- Also available on the Internet via the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: