Research methods in anthropology : qualitative and quantitative methods
- H. Russell Bernard.
- 3rd ed.
- Walnut Creek, CA : AltaMira Press, c2002.
- Physical description
- xiii, 753 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Bernard, H. Russell (Harvey Russell), 1940-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 661-700) and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Research Methods in Anthropology" is a standard textbook for methods classes in anthropology programmes. Since the 1980s it has launched thousands of students into the field with its combination of rigorous methodological advice, wry humour, common sense advice, and numerous examples from actual field projects. Now the third edition of this textbook contains all the useful methodological advice of previous editions and more: additional material on text analysis, an expanded section on sampling in field settings, the use of computers for fieldwork and analysis, the pros and cons of rapid assessment techniques in anthropology, and dozens of new examples. This book teaches field methods to students coming from scientific, interpretive, or applied anthropological traditions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780759101487 20160528
- A new edition of the best selling textbook in anthropological methods. Includes new examples, new material on text analysis, rapid ethnography, computers in the field, and other topics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780759101470 20160528
- Publication date
- 0759101477 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0759101485 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780759101470 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780759101487 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: