Introduction to chemical engineering thermodynamics
- 6th ed. / J.M. Smith, H.C. Van Ness, M.M. Abbott.
- Boston : McGraw-Hill, c2001.
- Physical description
- xviii, 789 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- McGraw-Hill chemical engineering series.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP155.2 .T45 S58 2001||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface 1 Introduction 2 The First Law and Other Basic Concepts 3 Volumetric Properties of Pure Fluids 4 Heat Effects 5 The Second Law of Thermodynamics 6 Thermodynamic Properties of Fluids 7 Applications of Thermodynamics to Flow Processes 8 Production of Power from Heat 9 Refrigeration and Liquefaction 10 Vapor/Liquid Equilbrium: Introduction 11 Solution Thermodynamics: Theory 12 Solution Thermodynamics: Applications 13 Chemical-Reaction Equilibria 14 Topics in Phase Equilibria 15 Thermodynamic Analysis of Processes 16 Introduciton to Molecular Thermodynamics Appendixes A Conversion Factors and Values of the Gas Constant B Properties of Pure Species C Heat Capacities and Property Changes of Formation D Representative Computer Programs E The Lee/Kesler Generalized-Correlation Tables F Steam Tables G Thermodynamic Diagrams H UNIFAC Method I Newton's Method Author Index Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780072402964 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- "Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 6/e", presents comprehensive coverage of the subject of thermodynamics from a chemical engineering viewpoint. The text provides a thorough exposition of the principles of thermodynamics and details their application to chemical processes. The chapters are written in a clear, logically organized manner, and contain an abundance of realistic problems, examples, and illustrations to help students understand complex concepts. New ideas, terms, and symbols constantly challenge the readers to think and encourage them to apply this fundamental body of knowledge to the solution of practical problems. The comprehensive nature of this book makes it a useful reference both in graduate courses and for professional practice. The sixth edition continues to be an excellent tool for teaching the subject of chemical engineering thermodynamics to undergraduate students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780072402964 20160527
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Chemical engineering thermodynamics
- McGraw-Hill chemical engineering series
- 0072402962 (alk. paper)
- 9780072402964 (alk. paper)
- 0071189572 (int. ed.)
- 9780071189576 (int. ed.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: