Technology, science teaching, and literacy : a century of growth
- Kenneth P. King.
- New York : Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, c2001.
- Physical description
- xvi, 207 p. ; 23 cm.
- Innovations in science education and technology.
- King, Kenneth P., 1960-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 177-195) and index.
- Acknowledgements. Preface. 1: Introduction. 2: Science Education. 1. Scientific Literacy. 2. Science Education Reform Documents. 3. Summary. 3: The Motion Picture. 1. Background: Development and Adoption of the Technology. 2. The Motion Picture in the Classroom. 3. Links to Scientific Literacy. 5. Summary. 4. Reflection on the Infusion of Technology. 4: Radio in the Science Classroom. 1. Background: Development and Adoption of the Technology. 2. Radio in the Classroom. 3. Links to Scientific Literacy. 4. Technology Trends. 5. Summary. 5: Instructional Television. 1. Background: Television and the Public. 2. Link to Scientific Literacy. 2. Summary. 6: The Computer. 1. Background. 2. Link to Scientific Literacy. 4. Reflection on Curriculum Trends. 4. Summary. 7: Perspective. 1. Scientific Literacy. 2. Motion Picture. 3. Radio. 4. Instructional Television. 5. Computer. 6. Anticipation of Future Trends. 7. Suggestions for Future Research. 8. Final Reflection. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book profiles the instructional use of technology in the science classroom from 1900 to the present day. Drawn from a variety of sources - from teacher accounts of classroom practice, and contemporary research accounts of the best teaching practices with technology - it examines patterns of implementation with respect to the classroom use of technology. The organizing principle of scientific literacy is examined in terms of the changes it incurred over the course of the twentieth century, and how the use of technology provided a means of achieving the goals of scientific literacy in the classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Innovations in science education and technology
- 0306465507 (pbk.)
- 9780306465505 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: