Construction : principles, materials, and methods
- H. Leslie Simmons.
- 7th ed.
- New York : John Wiley, 2001.
- Physical description
- xiii, 1186 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Simmons, H. Leslie.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface. Acknowledgments. Disclaimer. General Requirements. Site Construction. Concrete. Masonry. Metals. Wood and Plastics. Thermal and Moisture Protection. Doors and Windows. Finishes. Specialties. Equipment. Furnishings. Special Construction. Conveying Systems. Mechanical. Electrical. Appendix A: Data Sources. Appendix B: Glossary. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book provides vital descriptive information on how to design buildings, detail components, specify materials and product, and avoid common pitfalls - all in a single volume. Now contains more information on construction documents and administration, pre-stressed and post-tensioned structural concrete, heavy timber framing, wood siding, and green materials. Features more than 1,200 illustrations, including hundreds of new and updated images. Includes metric units and U.S. customary units throughout.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Previous editions developed by Harold B. Olin, with contributions from John L. Schmidt, Walter H. Lewis."
- Related Work
- Olin, Harold Bennett. Construction.
- 0471356409 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780471356400 (cloth : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: