Jose Guadalupe Posada collection, circa 1875-1913
- Physical description
- 6 linear feet (1192 items in 6 manuscript boxes and 4 print boxes)
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|M1238 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M1238 BOX 2||In-library use|
|M1238 BOX 3||In-library use|
|M1238 BOX 4||In-library use|
|M1238 BOX 5||In-library use|
|M1238 FLAT BOX 7||In-library use|
|M1238 FLAT BOX 8||In-library use|
|M1238 FLAT BOX 9||In-library use|
|M1238 FLAT BOX 10||In-library use|
|M1238 HALF BOX 6||In-library use|
Items from this collection are featured in:
- Posada, José Guadalupe, 1852-1913.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Organized in 4 series: Series I, Cuadernillos, 388 items; Series II, Hojas chicas, 528 items; Series III, Hojas, 270 items, and Series IV, oversize, 6 items.
- The collection includes broadsides, pamphlets, and prints. Subject matter includes stories, politics, religious events, and folklore.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2001.
- Mexican artist and printer, also folk illustrator and political cartoonist, and through which "an inarticulate public found expression." Influenced future Mexican artists such as Jose Clemente Orozco and Diego Rivera.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: