Handbook of metalloproteins
- edited by Albrecht Messerschmidt ... [et al.].
- Chichester ; New York : Wiley, c2001-c2004.
- Physical description
- 3 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
Library has: v.1-
|QP552 .M46 H363 2001 V.1||Unknown|
|QP552 .M46 H363 2001 V.2||Unknown|
|QP552 .M46 H363 2001 V.3||Unknown|
- Messerschmidt, Albrecht.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Volume 1-- IRON-- Heme Proteins: Oxygen Storage and Oxygen Transport Proteins-- Heme Proteins: Cytochromes-- Heme Proteins: Cytochrome Peroxidases-- Heme Proteins: Cytochrome P-450-- Heme Proteins: Oxidoreductases-- Non-Heme Proteins: Iron-Sulfur Clusters-- Non-Heme Proteins: Mononuclear Iron Proteins-- Volume 2-- IRON continued-- Non-Heme Proteins: Dinuclear Iron Proteins-- Non-Heme Proteins: Iron Storage-- Non-Heme Proteins: Iron Transport-- NICKEL-- MANGANESE-- COBALT-- MOLYBDENUM/TUNGSTEN-- COPPER-- Cupredoxins (Type-1 Copper Proteins)-- Type-2 Copper Enzymes-- Binuclear Copper: Type-3 Copper Enzymes-- Binuclear Copper: CuA Copper-- Multicopper Enzymes-- Copper Storage and Transport-- VANADIUM.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471627432 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This two-volume handbook covers 105 major metalloproteins. Content is presented in both a large format and full colour and covers the most relevant transition metals such as iron, nickel, copper, cobalt, molybdenum, manganese tungsten and vanadium. It includes a computer-modelled structure for each compound, with information on the sequence information, synthesis and spectroscopic properties, functional aspects as well as key chemical, biological, physical and medical properties of the compound described. It draws together contributions from over 200 internationally renowned researchers that include names such as Douglas Rees and Charles Stout as well as Nobel Prize winner Robert Huber.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471627432 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title Variation
- Related Items
- The Handbook of Metalloproteins and the Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry were merged to form the Encyclopedia of Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry. Updates to content will appear in this new encyclopedia.
- 0471627437 (alk. paper)
- 9780471627432 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: