Translations and transformations : selected translations of the Divine comedy by Dante Alighieri
- book design and etchings by Roberta Delaney.
- Somerville, Mass. : Firefly Press, 
- Physical description
- , 9, , 7,  leaves : ill. ; 32 x 48 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|N7433.4 .D44 T73 1999 FF||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Contains selections by nine translators from 1875 to 1993, both American and British.
- Printed on double leaves, numbered on verso, 1st 2 cantos numbered separately. Leaves in Paradiso are not numbered, but 3 clear plastic separators are numbered 1-3. Leaves printed on both sides.
- "The text has been letterpress printed at Firefly Press, Somerville, Massachusetts. Harcourt Bindery, Boston, Massachusetts bound and boxed this book. Book design and etchings by the artist, Roberta Delaney. Completed in 1999"--Colophon.
- Issued in an edition of fifteen numbered copies, signed by the artist.
- Issued in decorated black cloth-covered boards and slipcase.
- Stanford copy 1 (GNST): No. 4/15. Laid in: Statement by the artist [2 typed pages].
- Related Work
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321. Divina commedia Selections. Italian & English.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: