The encyclopedia of ecotourism
- edited by David B. Weaver.
- Oxon, UK ; New York, NY : CABI Pub., c2001.
- Physical description
- xiv, 668 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Weaver, David B. (David Bruce)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to ecotourism-- regional survey by continent-- regional survey by biome-- ecotourism venues-- ecotourism impacts-- planning, management and institutions-- the business of ecotourism-- methodologies, research and resources.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Encylopedia of Ecotourism" provides an expert and comprehensive knowledge base of the rapidly growing global ecotourism sector. It is divided into eight major sections, and contains 41 chapters, individually authored by international researchers and practitioners in ecotourism. Each chapter combines theory and practice in a complementary way. The scope of the encyclopedia includes definitions and other contextual material, regional perspectives, venues, impacts, planning and management considerations, and issues associated with ecotourism businesses, research and training.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Topical chapters arranged under a common theme.
- 0851993680 (alk. paper)
- 9780851993683 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: