Women and smoking : a report of the Surgeon General
- Rockville, MD : U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office of the Surgeon General ; Washington, D.C. : For sale by the Supt. of Doc., U.S. G.P.O., 2001.
- Physical description
- xiii, 675 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Ch. 2. Patterns of Tobacco Use Among Women and Girls
- ch. 3. Health Consequences of Tobacco Use Among Women
- ch. 4. Factors Influencing Tobacco Use Among Women
- ch. 5. Efforts to Reduce Tobacco Use Among Women
- ch. 6. A Vision for the Future: What Is Needed to Reduce Smoking Among Women.
Edited by Virginia L. Ernster, et al. Updates and expands the 1980 Surgeon General's report, "The Health Consequences of Smoking for Women." Lays out the specific health problems incurred by women who smoke. Reviews in detail what is known about smoking-related diseases among women. Documents the toll of smoking on women's health. Examines smoking patterns by demographics and other characteristics. .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Women > Tobacco use > United States.
- Girls > Tobacco use > United States.
- Smoking > Health aspects > United States.
- Smoking > United States > Prevention.
- Women > Health and hygiene > United States.
- Smoking > prevention & control.
- Tobacco > adverse effects.
- Tobacco Use Disorder.
- Women > psychology.
- Women's Health.
- Femmes > Tabagisme > États-Unis.
- Tabagisme > États-Unis.
- Femmes > Santé et hygiène > États-Unis.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Report of the Surgeon General
- Shipping list no.: 2001-0024-S.
- Also available via Internet from the CDC web site. Address as of 5/21/01: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/sgrforwomen/sgrwomenchapters.htm; current access is available via PURL.
- 0160507510 (alk. paper) : $49.00
- 9780160507519 (alk. paper)