Rocket propulsion elements
- George P. Sutton, Oscar Biblarz.
- 7th ed.
- New York : John Wiley & Sons, c2001.
- Physical description
- xv, 751 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Classification-- definitions and fundamentals-- nozzle theory and thermodynamic relations-- flight performance-- chemical rocket propellant performance analysis-- liquid propellant rocket engine fundamentals-- liquid propellants-- thrust chambers-- combustion of liquid propellants-- turbopumps, engine design, engine controls, calibration, integration and optimization-- solid propellant rocket fundamentals-- solid propellants-- combustion of solid propellants-- solid rocket components and motor design-- hybrid propellant rockets-- thrust vector control-- selection of rocket propulsion systems-- rocket exhaust plumes-- electric propulsion-- rocket testing.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This text offers a clear and comprehensive overview of rocket propulsion technology, covering thermodynamics, heat transfer, aerodynamics, flight performance and propellant chemistry, with a particular focus on the applications for industry. There is a broad covererage of topics from the technology to engineer performance and design considerations. It combines fundamental principles with practical applications and includes coverage of advances in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Rocket engines.
- Publication date
- "A Wiley-Interscience publication."
- 0471326429 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780471326427 (cloth : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: