The encyclopedia of mass spectrometry
- edited by Michael L. Gross and Richard Caprioli.
- 1st ed.
- Oxford, UK ; Sn Diego, CA : Elsevier Science, 2003-
- Physical description
- 10 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
Library has: v.1-
6, v.8, v.9:pt.A- B
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.1||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.2 PT.A||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.3 PT.B||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.4||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.5||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.6||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.8||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.9:PT.A||In-library use|
|QD96 .M3 E53 2003 V.9:PT.B||In-library use|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Theory and ion chemistry / volume editor, Peter B. Armentrout
- v. 2. Biological applications. Part A, Peptides and proteins / volume editors, Richard M. Caprioli, Michael L. Gross
- v. 3. Biological applications. Part B, Carbohydrates, nucleic acids, and other biological compounds / volume editor, Richard M. Caprioli
- v. 4. Fundamentals of and applications to organic (and organometallic) compounds / volume editor, Nico M.M. Nibbering
- v. 6. Molecular ionization / volume editors, Michael L. Gross, Richard m. Caprioli
- v. 8. Hyphenated methods / volume editor, Wilfried Niessen
- v. 9. Historical perspectives. Part A, The development of mass spectrometry / volume editors, Keith A. Nier, Alfred L. Yergey, P. Jane Gale. Part B, Notable people in mass spectrometry / volume editors, Keith A. Nier, Alfred L. Yergey, P. Jane Gale.
- Publisher's Summary
- Encyclopedia articles will cover both primary (basic) considerations, as well as advanced topics, the former aimed at newcomers to the field, the latter at the experienced practitioner who may not necessarily be an expert in the particular area. Article references will cover three areas: original or pioneering work in the area; seminal contributions to the area, including examples illustrating a given application, and; useful review articles. This multi-volume work is the first to provide unparalleled and comprehensive coverage of the full range of topics and techniques. It is suitable for new graduate students who are interested but not yet versed in the subject of mass spectrometry. Techniques, methods and applications of mass spectrometry are described in considerable detail; including limitations, current problems, and areas in which the method does not succeed well.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080438504 20160528
- Volume 9: Historical Perspectives, Part A: The Development of Mass Spectrometry of The Encyclopedia of Mass Spectrometry describes and analyzes the development of many aspects of Mass Spectrometry. Beginning with the earliest types of Mass Analyzers, Historical Perspectives explores the development of many different forms of analytical processes and methods. The work follows various instruments and interfaces, to the current state of detectors and computerization. It traces the use of Mass Spectrometry across many different disciplines, including Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Proteomics; Environmental Mass Spectrometry; Forensic Science; Imaging; Medical Monitoring and Diagnosis; Earth and Planetary Sciences; and Nuclear Science. Finally, the book covers the history of manufacturers and societies as well as the professionals who form the Mass Spectrometry community. Also available: Volume 9: Historical Perspectives, Part B: Notable People in Mass Spectrometry briefly reviews the lives and works of many of the major people who carried out this development. * Preserves the history and development of Mass Spectrometry for use across scientific fields * Written and edited by Mass Spectrometry experts* Coordinates with Volume 9: Historical Perspectives, Part B: Notable People in Mass Spectrometry, a collection of short biographies on many of the major people who carried out this development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080438481 20160619
- Beginning date
- 0080438024 (v. 1)
- 0080438008 (v. 2)
- 9780080438504 (set)
- 9780080438023 (v. 1)
- 9780080438009 (v. 2)
- 9780080438047 (v. 5)
- 9780080438481 (v. 9, pt. A)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: