Opera : a research and information guide
- Marco, Guy A.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Garland Pub., 2001.
- Physical description
- xx, 632 p. ; 24 cm.
ML128 .O4 M28 2001
- In-library use ML128 .O4 M28 2001
- Includes bibliographical references, discographies (p. 99-395), and indexes.
- I Bibliographies II Dictionaries and Encyclopedias III Histories IV Editions and Excerpts V Libraries VI Opera Houses VII International Directories VIII Periodicals, Yearbooks and Series IX Biographies X Opera Plots XI Libretti and Librettists XII Production XIII Philosophy and Theory of Opera XIV Analysis XV Critics and Criticism XVI Opera Recordings and Discography XVII Composers and their Operas XVIII Countires IX Indexes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a guide to the research writings on all aspects of opera. This second edition presents 2,833 titles of books, parts of books, articles and dissertations in European languages, with full bibliographic descriptions and critical annotations. The book contains the core literature on the operas of 320 individual composers and details of operatic life in 43 countries. All relevant works through to November 1999 have been considered, covering more than fifteen years of literature since the first edition was published.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Guy A. Marco ; foreword by Edward O.D. Downes.
- 0815335164 (alk. paper)
- 9780815335160 (alk. paper)