The biographical dictionary of women in science : pioneering lives from ancient times to the mid-20th century
- Marilyn Ogilvie and Joy Harvey, editors.
- New York : Routledge, 2000.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxxviii, 1499 p.) ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Select contents: Adelberger of Lombardy (Italian physician) Grace Andrews (US mathematician) Aspasia (Greek natural philosopher) Charlotte Auerbach (UK geneticist) Duck-Heung Bang (Korean Physician) Evelyn Briggs Baldwin (US meterologist, explorer) Harriet Bigelow (US astronomer) Luci Blanquies (French physicist) Marjorie Lee Brown (US mathematician) Wafaa El Sadeek (Egyptian archaeologist ) Faustina (Roman physician) Yoshi Katsurada (Japanese mathematician) Liliana Lubinska (Polish neuroscientist) Sarah Mather (US inventor) Radha Pant (Indian biologist).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Edited by two renowned experts on women in science, this milestone work combines 'fact-fronted' fast access to biographical details with fascinating accounts of nearly 3000 scientists' lives, works and accomplishments around the globe. The Biographical Dictionary presents authoritative scholarship in an absorbing, highly readable format, and will be an essential resource for information on women's history, individual scientists or science history. Includes A-Z entries, with indexes and suggestions for further reading.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Women in science
- 0415920388 (set : alk. paper)
- 0415920396 (v. l : alk. paper)
- 041592040X (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9780415920384 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780415920391 (v. l : alk. paper)
- 9780415920407 (v. 2 : alk. paper)