Handbook of affect and social cognition
- edited by Joseph P. Forgas.
- Mahwah, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates, c2001.
- Physical description
- xviii, 457 p. ; 24 cm.
- Forgas, Joseph P.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction - Affect and Social Cognition, J.P. Forgas. Part 1 The Relationship Between Affect and Cognition - Fundamental Issues: The Interaction of Affect and Cognition - a Neurobiological Perspective, R. Adolphs and A.R. Damasio-- Affect and Attitudes - a Social Neuroscience Approach, T.A. Ito and J.T. Cacioppo-- Affect and Cognitive Approach Processes, C.A. Smith and L.D. Kirby. Part 2 Affective Influences on the Content of Cognition: Mood and Social Memory, G.H. Bower and J.P. Forgas-- Affect as Information, G.L. Clore et al-- Affective Influences on the Self-Concept - Qualifying the Mood Congruency, C. Sedikides and J.D. Green. Part 3 Affective Influences on Social Information Processing: Affective Influences on Social Information Processing, K. Fielder-- Promotion and Prevention Experiences Relating Emotions to Non-Emotional Motivational States, E.T. Higgins-- The Role of Affect in Attitude Change, R.E. Petty et al. Part 4 Affective Influences on Motivation and Intentions: The Role of Affect in Cognitive Dissonance Processes, E. Harman-Jones-- Mood as Resource in Processing Self-Relevant Information, Y. Trope et al-- The Role of Motivated Social Cognition in the Regulation of Affective States, M.W. Erber and R. Erber. Part 5 Affective Influences on Cognitively Mediated Social Behaviours: Affect, Cognition and Interpersonal Behaviour - the Mediating Role of Processing Strategies, J.P. Forgas-- Affective Influences on Stereotyping and Intergoup Relations, G.V. Bodenhausen et al-- Affect and Health-Relevant Cognition, P. Salovey et al. Part 6 The Role of Individual Differences in Affectivity: Personality as a Moderator of Affective Influences on Cognition, C.L. Rusting-- Affect, Stress and Personality, J. Suls-- Emotion, Intelligence and Emotional Intelligence, J.D. Mayer.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This work on social cognition covers such topics as: the relationship between affect and cognition; the interaction of affect and cognition from a neurobiological perspective; the role of affect in the dissonance process; and mood as a resource in processing self-relevant information.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0805832173 (alk. paper)
- 9780805832174 (alk. paper)