Dancing with Amelia : Amelia Earhart's six years of marriage with George Palmer Putnam
- images & fictions by Charles Hobson.
- [San Francisco] : Pacific Editions, 2000.
- Physical description
- 1 sheet ( p.) : col. ill. ; 22 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|N7433.4 .H63 D35 2000||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Consists of 1 sheet folded accordion style with text on one side of 1st 4 folds, facsimile of handwriting on verso, both on t.p. [recto of 1st fold]. The following six folds have colored ill. facing, each linked by cut out in the shape of a plane with text. Attached to lower cover, which folds around; laser cut 8-ply illustrated cover. In green folder, with tie.
- "Limited edition of thirty-eight copies in the summer and fall of 2000. The mixed media drawings of dancing couples by Charles Hobson were scanned and printed as IRIS prints at Urban Digital Color, San Francisco ... The pages have been die cut by Todd Die, Oakland, California, into an airplane shape based on the design of the twin-engined Lockheed Electra Amelia Earhart flew on her last flight. John DeMerritt, Emeryville, California did the edition binding. The book was prototyped and the covers were laser cut ... as part of the exhibition Experiments in the Future of Reading"--Colophon.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #1466.
- Special Collections and University Archives copy 1: No. 18/38, signed by artist.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: