Wrenching times : poems from Drum-taps
- by Walt Whitman ; selected by M. Wynn Thomas ; wood engravings by Gaylord Schanilec.
- Uniform Title
- Drum-taps. Selections
- Newtown, Powys [Wales] : Gwasg Gregynog, 1991.
- Physical description
- 70,  p. : col. ill. ; 38 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239.2 .G84 W55 1991 F||In-library use|
- Included Work
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892 When lilacs last in the dooryard bloom'd. 1991.
- Publication date
- "Designed and printed by David Esslemont at Gregynog with the assistance of Hugh Willmer. ... This edition is limited to 450 copies ... Thirty copies in a special binding are numbered I-XXX, four hundred copies bound in quarter leather by Alan Wood and Rhian Ticehurst at Gregynog are numbered 1-400, twenty unbound copies are numbered 401-420"--Colophon on p. 
- Short title in red typeface.
- Includes "When lilacs last in the door-yard bloom'd," not published in the original Drum-taps collection.
- Stanford copy 1 (GNST): No. 212. Binding: quarter black morocco, printed creme boards. Laid in: wood engraving by Gaylord Schanilec originally intended for Wrenching times.
- 0948714484 (quarter leather)
- 0948714492 (special binding)
- 9780948714498 (special binding)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: