Triumph des Willens [videorecording] : das Dokument vom Reichsparteitag 1934 = Triumph of the will
- gestaltet von Leni Riefenstahl.
- German. In German with English subtitles.
- Special ed.
- Bloomington, IL : Synapse Films, c2000.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (120 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- This film, commissioned by Adolf Hitler to record the 1934 Nazi party rally in Nuremberg, is the "most powerful piece of propaganda ever produced". Included are many scenes of gatherings, marches, and parades. The viewer will also hear speeches given by Hitler, Goering, Goebbels, and Hess as well as samples of monumental architecture designed by Albert Speer.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Triumph of the will
- Title on disc label: Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the will
- Special features include: Windowboxed digital transfer from a 35mm fine grain ; original German language with newly translated removable English subtitles ; a short film by Leni Riefenstahl, Tag der Freiheit (Day of Freedom) ; audio commentary by Dr. Anthony R. Santoro.
- Production Credits
- Chief cameraman, Sepp Allgeier ; musical score, Herbert Windt.
- Included Work
- Tag der Freiheit.
- Day of freedom.
- Publisher Number
- SFD0015 Synapse Films
- SFD0052 Synapse Films